While I don't always trust my gut, I've begun to realize it actually points me in the right direction more often than not. This is especially true when it comes to my dad. My dad is one of the most athletic, strong amazing people I have ever met. However, God decided to give him a body that just doesn't support his drive.
When I was 18, my dad had a quadruple bypass (he started heart troubles when I was 4). Then, he had several stents in various arteries. After that we moved from the heart to the prostate where he had cryosurgery to eradicate his cancer. Then, he had half his thyroid removed, plates put in his neck, surgery to fix his abdominal ayortic (spelling?) aneurysm...and NOW, we are back to prostate cancer. Everytime my dad has had a health "episode", I knew. My gut told my brain to send me a message "I miss my dad", and each time I learned he had another illness. We have a connection like no other and that's why I named this blog Simpatico.
This is my way of managing my dad's ongoing struggle with his health and now his continued battle with prostate cancer. After almost 14 years it has decided to come back. I heard someone call it the Effen Evil Empire--I couldn't have said it better. So, now we all have to fight the E3 with the limited tools/medicines to treat advanced prostate cancer with mastesis into the bones. Luckily his isn't too bad, but it's a fight and one we have to win. He has two grandkids who ADORE him and would be crushed without their Pop. So, we will remain positive and fight this together--in simpatico.
No comments:
Post a Comment